There’s an old saying in Buddism that even brushing past a person is one’s karma.
My final project will be on our daily interactions with strangers. Using a near-field communication (NFC) sensor or a radio frequency identification (RFID) sensor, I want to create a device that keeps track of people I passed by unconsciously. Though the premise of this idea is that everyone has this device, I find this interaction very interesting.
- Build a 2″x 2″ device that interacts with another device.
- Make a 6″x 6″ box that lights up (green or red).
- Put the Bluetooth or NFC sensor inside of the device.
- Before you go to bed, you will be able to see the list of people who passed by throughout the day.
Draft parts and tools list
- 16mm Illuminated Pushbutton – Red Momentary
- 16mm Illuminated Pushbutton – Green Momentary
- Arduino 1, and breadboard
- Blue Fruit, blue tooth device
- BlueFruit LE connect App
- Adafruit PN532 NFC/RFID Controller Shield for Arduino + Extras (only maximum 10cm about 3 to 4in)
Functions I wish to explore
- The unconscious human interaction