Luces

Here is my first attempt, to simply figure out how to put them in order. I had a bad alligator clip, but found the bad one and continued.

 

first attempt

DSC_0302 DSC_0303

 

Here is my second attempt. I was happy to figure out setting up the second LED pretty fast by taking a look at the tutorials. I messed around with the colors, but had trouble getting it to change speeds or intervals. Fun trying to figure out how to read this.

second attempt

 

DSC_0304 DSC_0305luz

 

 

A very bright struggle.

Hi all,

I have never considered myself much of a techie guy so this process has been a challenge for me.

I began the experimentation process by going through the examples in the Arduino program, however, I could not get a set of two LED’s to turn on.

Frustrated; after a couple of tries, I decided to read this blog and see if that would help me in one way or another. I read and compared almost every set of code most of my classmates had played with (except Jung’s, I don’t own a toy I am willing to cut open, yet). 😀

Two of my failed attempts:

Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 10.50.30 PM Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 11.12.01 PM

That shade of orange might now be my least favorite color.

Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 11.24.25 PM

finally, after what seemed an eternity, I was able to learn from Julia’s code! With her post I was not only able to make my own crowded little rainbow, but also play around with the speed at which the lights would change colors! Thank you Julia!

 IMG_2376

IMG_2382

Below you’ll find a link to my Instagram account where I posted the video of my little success.

http://instagram.com/minuscoco

Thank you!

Lucky Troll

I found a sketch that uses a LED and a photocell light sensor (detects amount of light) on Arduino UNO.

Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 9.18.35 AM

I had an Arduino Uno that I previously bought, so I decided to use that with my good luck troll.

$T2eC16hHJIMFHIucwjy5BR2D1CDw8Q~~60_57DSC01792Arduino wired with LEDs and a photocell sensor on bread board.

DSC01788

 

 

To place LEDs and the sensor in the troll, I had to torture him with some drilling and knifing.

 

 

 

 

DSC01799DSC01833

 

After assembly, I took the wires from the bread board and rewired them to the parts the same way it was wired before. After wiring, shrink tube was used to clean up the wires.

DSC01835DSC01843

And the troll is happy again with his new eyes and belly button!

DSC01845

Chic color test.

So since I could not achieve the color black I picked my two other favorite colors to put in the color test.  I chose white and green. Below is the code that I used to achieve this color combination.

Heath White

I found this to be a tricky exercise.  Below is a link to my instagram so you can watch the video.