For my final project, I’d like to make a hidden Nerf/disc gun in an enclosure that looks like a speaker box. The speaker box would be able to shoot the disc and send audio, particularly to shout “Heads up”.
I have a few ideas of how/when to activate the gun and sound:
- Shoots, then says heads up
- Heads up, then shoot (normal case)
- Shouts heads up, but nothing shoots.
- Productivity tool – monitors computer usage
- Spend too much time on Facebook, get shot
- Ignore emails, get shot
- Messaging – incorporated into Slack/Messenger
- 2 people can shoot each other
- Serious version… Shoots every time there is a gun death in the US
- Uses an IFTT to a website counter for gun deaths
- Nearby activated
- Add in sensor to shoot when nearby
Depending on the activation method, the internal sensors will change. However, first step will be to create mechanics to shoot discs. I am planning to take apart a toy gun like below to utilize the mechanics and set it up into the enclosure and activate from arduino. Most likely a servo motor to activate a trigger/spring.
I will also need wave shield to generate audio inside the enclosure.