My final project will be on the same trajectory as the stroking porcupine, my last project. Using a capacitive sensing system, I want to create a vertical garden that represents one’s emotional wall.
Everyday, in our interactions with others, we gauge/warm up to/distance/trust/close off/let in others. Similarly, pods of grass loosen/appear with a nice gentle stroke and hide behind the with hard slaps.
- Build a 12″x 12″ frame for a “wall” that stands upright
- Make a square insert of grass that would become the capacitive sensor
- Run conductive copper tapes in the back of the square and fill with dirt&grass
- Complete the circuit by connecting the copper tapes to Arduino shield
- Determine whether it’s a slap or a stroke by measuring the length of the touch with capacitive sensing grass
- Use a motor for pulling in the squares of grass when they’re slapped
Grass wall retracts:
Still need to define how to make the grass square slide back and forward (servo? belt?).