In Class Exercise: Red LED On/Off
2. Add More LEDs
3. Fade LEDs
4. RGB LEDs
4b. RGB LEDs w/ Brightness
5. Digital Input
a. Turn Off
b. Turn On
c. Turn On w/ No Resister
6. Serial Monitor
7. Analog Input
Final Project Ideation
A trashcan makes a buzz sound and light up when it detects BuBu come close and try to dig through the trash.
Final Project List of Materials
- Arduino Board
- Ultrasonic Sensor: https://www.adafruit.com/product/4007
- Buzzer 5V: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1536
- LED x 1-3
- Translucent Acrylic sheet 12×12 (3 pieces): https://www.canalplastic.com/collections/acrylic-sheets/products/2447-white-translucent-acrylic-sheet?variant=32920753934 OR
- Two way mirror acrylic sheet 12×12 (3 pieces): https://www.canalplastic.com/collections/acrylic-sheets/products/see-thru-mirror-acrylic-sheet?variant=32913711630
I havent figure out the code yet but this is what I am planning to do.
My Huzzah is connecting to the internet now! I also successfully got the Adafruit IO feed working when I pressed the switch in the LED circuit.
and then the IFTTT part also worked and I got an email!
Still gotta figure out the copy, lol.
Succeeded, though not without some trouble obviously.
Oops, spammed myself. Clearly working though.
Note: learned in class that it’s not really a distance sensor but an infrared sensor. So gotta test it again inside a box.
Final Project: Mood tracker
Niha and I will be working on this project together. We want to create a mood tracker for all the POD students to record how they are feeling at the beginning of each day. Our board will have an LED strip light embedded in it that lights up each time you walk past it with the PIR motion sensor to prompt you to record your response. The board will have a thumbs up, thumbs middle or thumbs down that students can press to record how they are feeling with the feedback of a lite button.
Bill of materials
Breadboard (In our Kit)
3 push buttons
PIR Motion sensor (In our Kit)
LED strip lights
Soft Neo pixels
PLA white filament
Poplar Wood (VFL)
Power adapter (In our Kit)
Silicone coated wires (VFL)
Huzzah (In our Kit)
An interactive lamp that help people to learn about RGB color mixing in the physical world.
- NeoPixel 1/4 60 Ring – 5050 RGBW LED + bendable channel (or side light strip + wire)
- Adafruit 12 x Capacitive Touch Shield for Arduino
- Wood (vfl)
- Acrylic(Canal Plastic)
- Marbal, RGB *3
Arduino wifi connection at home
Arduino link with Adafruit
Arduino link with IFTTT