Current wing state of affairs:
A. Wire structure for wings almost complete
B. Circuit laid out in TinkerCad (replace Arduino board with Flora micro-controller in real life) and started playing with coding a little bit. Contemplated doing the wings with one LED strip, but decided to have the animations and color changes symmetrical on the wings, so I broke it into 2 strips. Also mapped out what LEDs and fiber optic cables will be assigned to which wing parts.
C. Most of my supplies have come in, but I’m still waiting on a few.
Project to do list:
- Finish wire frame for wings.
- Attach tights to wings.
- Build circuit with LEDs.
- Build code for wing animations.
- Create couplings for fiber optic cables to LEDs.
- Create housing for circuits and cable couplings.
- Create pouch to hold battery pack and circuit housing attached to wings.
- Lay out Fiber optic cable pattern and sew onto wings.
- Make method of attachment for wings to body:
- Either elastic straps over shoulders or a piece to insert into a corset like in the tutorial referenced in my brainstorming post.
Excited to see how this turns out!