I finished Lesson 4 and the first half of Lesson 5 in class, so I don’t have photos or video of that.
I’ve decided to continue working on my bluetooth headphones for the final project. Proposed BoM for the headphones:
- Microcontroller options:
- Adafruit nRF52 BLE microcontroller
- Adafruit BLE SPI friend https://www.adafruit.com/product/2633
- 2 mini addressable RGB LED
- Lithium battery 150 mAh, 3.7V and charger
- Translucent ABS plastic (?) composite to 3D print the cover piece for the headphones
- Plastic housing/neckpiece for the microcontroller (Not sure if I should purchase or try to 3D print it)
- Cheap flat back BLE earbuds to attach LED and cover piece to
- silicone covered stranded core wire – 30 AWG
- White heat shrink tubing
- soldering supplies
- Glue to attach LEDs to earbuds. I think something like E6000 would work.
I was hoping to make the headphones wireless overall, like the Bluetooth headphones that hang around your neck. The microcontroller would be on the back of your neck like a necklace.