I had a hard time trying to decipher all of the code in the strandtest sample. I couldn’t quite figure out how to isolate the series of functions within the entire cycle. I did manage to figure out how to manipulate a few individual functions.
My favorite alteration was significantly slowing down the first series. I did this by altering the delay function. This function pauses the program for the amount of time (in milliseconds) specified as parameter. To slow down the sequence significantly I altered the code from delay(wait) to delay(5000). This added a 5 second break between each pixel lighting up.
Here is the part of the code I altered:
Here is the result: