Hi there! Well, my fabric exploration earlier this week did nothing to help me narrow down what type I should use to actually diffuse my starlight… but here is my circuit digram and my pillow pattern tests.
I am using a battery pack with three AAA batteries at 1.5V each and an external switch, as well as nine white LEDs in parallel with 3.0V typical forward voltage, each coupled in series with a 1k ohm resistor.
For the pillow I wanted a mix of purple and blue patterns and found almost exactly what I was looking for in a little fabric pack from Michael’s. This was my first attempt at the pillow front, which I want to have a quilted look on the outside. The LEDs will shine through a constellation pattern in the square in the center. I used the sewing machine.
This was my first attempt for the back of the pillow. It’s not quite finished yet, but it already looks a lot better than the front and I think the rest of it will go well. I plan to stuff it with the same fluff we used in class last week, and possibly embroider some swirls on it in a different color (I practiced that today on the sewing machine with some scrap, but forgot to take a picture).