This week I had a chance to play with a potentiometer and motor for the rest of Lesson 3. Here is my final product below!
It took a moment to get this one going but finally figured out that the transistor was oriented upside down. Once I switched that around I was able to get the motor running. I also realized that before I put the purple tape on the motor, I actually could barely tell that the motor was running when it was running (haha).
Next, I was excited to get a neopixel strip to work using the Arduino for Lesson 4.
I’d love to get to know how to code for the neopixels better because I will want to embed them in my upcoming halloween project. I’m still a little confused but today’s class clarified my understanding quite a bit.