Jellyfish Costume-Final Retrospective

IMG_3610

 

My costume was completed in time for Halloween and I am pretty satisfied with the way it came out. For how much attention I had to pay to the details of the wiring, I would say this was a success.

Materials:

  • 1 Cotton Shirt
  • 1 yard of fringe
  • 30 feet of white wire
  • 10 neopixel leds
  • thread
  • circuit.

Initial Sketch and circuit diagram:

IMG_3479

IMG_3540.JPG

The longest processes by far was sewing all the fringe onto the shirt and then measuring all the white wire for the neopixels. after I measured out each length between the neopixels, I had to cut 3 pieces for power, ground and input. Then I had to put the neopixels on the tassels.

So I wanted the the neopixels initially to twinkle with white and blue lights when I lifted my arms up. Unfortunately, I underestimated just how long sewing the tassels, glueing them and adhering the neopixels would be that by the time I finished doing that, I went for the easiest code possible in terms of what to do. I ended up editing the neopixel code we used earlier in the semester.

IMG_3482IMG_3535

IMG_3603.JPG

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s