For this project, I decided to create Dr. Strange’s Eye of Agamotto. for those of you that are not familiar with this character, he is a sorcerer from the Marvel Comics Universe. He’s also appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in various films, played by Benedict Cumberbatch. Also, the Eye of Agamotto is an amulet that houses one the 5 Infinity Stones, in this case, the time stone. This project has been really fun to make, specifically because I am a huge MCU fan. I had always wanted to make a prop from the movie and I finally had the opportunity to do it.
As for the process of the project, I decided to 3D print the body of the amulet. After the 3D print was done, I decided to sand it, and paint the product with acrylic paint. I usually prime and spray paint 3d prints, but since I wanted to convey an old, oxidized metal look I believe I chose the right method even though it was risky. The Neopixel LED was later added to the center of the eye and it is diffused by a regular plastic rhinestone. To get a little bit of more diffusion, I sanded the back of the rhinestone to get like a frosted effect. Finally I used a thick leather cord and braided it to create the necklace.
Circuit Diagram with Code:
List of Materials with Links:
- 3D printed Model: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1929165
- Plastic Rhinestone: https://www.michaels.com/clear-adhesive-rhinestone-value-pack-by-recollections/10464900.html
- Leather Cord: https://www.michaels.com/mahogany-round-leather-cord-by-bead-landing/10481537.html
- Metallic Gold: https://www.michaels.com/decoart-dazzling-metallics-paint-2oz/M10256814.html
- Metallic Silver: https://www.michaels.com/decoart-dazzling-metallics-paint-2oz/M10256814.html
- Gemma Board
- Single Neopixel
- Rechargeable Battery