My friends and I have a tradition of calling each other at exactly midnight, so that we are the first ones to wish. But since moving to the States, I have been struggling to keep up with the time difference between India and the US, and keep missing out on my friends’ birthdays.
I want to create a device that I wish my friends could have gifted me before Ieft home.
Meet “Better Not Forget My Birthday!” plush toy. It’s a red velvet cupcake with white choco-chips. It comes in a fun dessert-like packaging and has a funny message on the inside, reminding your forgetful friend about things more important than grad school!
- Your best friend tells you that they are moving to another country
- You’re super happy for them
- They have been running super busy with packing and last minute work
- You haven’t had a chance to meet them at all since you heard the good news
- You wonder if they will forget you once they move abroad
- You walk by a window display and see “gifts for a friend moving away”
- You find “Better not forget my birthday! and think it’s the perfect gift.
- While saying emotional goodbye to your friend at the airport
- You hand them over the beautifully packaged “dessert” box
- The friend opens the box and you both start laughing.
- A few months later, it’s your birthday and the friend, busy working on their laptop, and the red velvet cupcake glows softly at 1.30 PM, not distracting the people working around like.