Idea #1: Charizard
- There’s an old-school Pokemon called Charizard who’s basically a giant orange dragon with a tail that’s perpetually flaming at the tip. It’s sort of his life force.
- For the nightlight, I think it’d be cool if it a a light sensor, and when it was light in the room, his tail would glow a bright orange, but when the light went out, it changed to a dim blue.
- I could switch out the felt-tip tail for a thin colored jersey (more transparent), and mount multi-color LEDs inside.
Idea #2: Starry Dress
- I’ve seen little girl’s dolls have polka dot dresses, but I think it’d be cool if the dress was midnight blue, and instead of polka dots, there were little white twinkling stars.
- I could mount a series of white LEDs under or inside white polka dots, and when you turned the light out, it would activate a random slow twinkling series of LEDs.
Idea #3: Heartbeat
- I’d like to try a slightly anthropomorphic idea with a doll. Usually human dolls are little girls, but my brother and I liked stuffed animals when we were little and I think it would have been nice to have little boy dolls who looked like us to love as well.
- For this nightlight, you’d have an ordinary-looking doll dressed in a thin jersey t-shirt and pants, but when you turned the lights out in the room, a little red heart would slowly pulse from underneath his t-shirt.